EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme)
In 2002, Bibione became the first tourist resort in Europe to register for the international Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), which recognizes efforts to improve environmental performance and quality of life. In September 2012, the Environmental Management System was extended to cover the municipal territory in its entirety.
FEE Blue Flag for beaches
The resort was awarded its first Blue Flag in 1987 and it has held onto it through all of its progress and development in recent years. In May every year, beach resorts all over Europe are presented with Blue Flags in recognition of the quality of their water, coast, services and environmental education.
Since 2016, Bibione has been the holder of a Green Flag that officially recognizes its dedication to child-oriented tourism. The resort strives to create an environment and services that cater to their needs.
Bibione has been a popular choice with families from all over Europe for more than 60 years, but what are the characteristics that have earned it this accolade?
- Safe, shallow water near the shore.
- A large, natural sandy beach.
- First aid stations and a dermatologist on the beach.
- A constantly renewed array of certified play equipment.
- Lifeguards on duty at all times.
- Cots and changing tables for babies in peaceful, clean locations.
- Refreshment areas where food and milk for children can be heated up.
- A smoke-free beach.
- Entertainment on the beach, with games, environmental workshops and activities that make holidays fun while promoting personal growth.
- “Family Hotels”, apartments and campsites that cater to the needs of children, with different services for different ages.
- A range of services and facilities for children, such as cots, cradles, bicycles fitted with child seats, children’s cutlery in the dining rooms, and special children’s menus, including the option of having the chef make food for children in accordance with instructions from their parents.