Cart
Cart

Inland itinerary

This itinerary takes in a number of places near Bibione: Portogruaro, Cinto Caomaggiore, Concordia Sagittaria, Cordovado, Fossalta di Portogruaro, Latisana, Pramaggiore, San Stino di Livenza, Sesto al Reghena and Annone Veneto.

Portogruaro

Places of interest

  • The Concordia National Archaeology Museum in the Sant’Agnese Tower in Portogruaro old town centre underlines the close ties with the nearby Concordia Sagittaria archaeological site.
  • Opened in 1976, the “Michele Gortani” museum now has 25 display cases containing approximately 1,500 items. They cover the period from the Lower Palaeolithic to the appearance of modern humans and the majority of them come from Veneto, Friuli and Carnia.
  • The Cathedral of Sant’Andrea was built from the ruins of three former churches: San Francesco, San Lazzaro and San Giacomo. The extremely long construction process began in 1793 and it was not completed until 1893.
  • The cathedral is home to exceptional works of art such as a “Sacra Conversazione” and “Stories of Saint Andrew” by Pomponio Amalteo, an altarpiece dedicated to Saint Roch and an “Altarpiece of the Resurrection” by Palma Vecchio.
  • You can visit the first sanctuary built in Italy in honour of “Our Lady of Fátima”, a title of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Cinto Caomaggiore

Places of interest

  • In Cinto Caomaggiore you can visit a church dedicated to Saint Blaise, which contains a marble font made by Giovanni Antonio Pilacorte in 1486 and an altarpiece depicting the Crucifixion that is attributed to Gregorio Lazzarini.
  • In Settimo, there is a church dedicated to Saint John the Baptist that contains an “Adoration of the Magi” and “The Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian and Saint Anthony the Great” by Gianfrancesco da Tolmezzo (also known as Gianfranco del Zotto), a “Nursing Madonna” by Pordenone’s pupil Calderari, and “Stories of the Baptist” by Cristoforo Diana. On the high altar, there is a particularly impressive “Virgin and Child with Saint John the Baptist and Saint Mark” by Alessandro Varotari (also known as Il Padovanino).

Concordia Sagittaria

Places of interest

  • The Municipal Archaeology Museum in Concordia Sagittaria contains recently discovered Ancient Roman, Early Christian and Romanesque items.
  • The cathedral of Santo Stefano Protomartire is the last of a number of cathedrals that were built over the years in Concordia Sagittaria. When Monsignor Francesco Isola was the bishop in the early 20th century, the current façade was built and the Chapel of Martyrs was added, along with a crypt where their relics are kept. In the early 20th century, the future cardinal Celso Benigno Luigi Costantini had extension work done on the Chapel of Martyrs, which contains an altarpiece by Alessandro Varotari (also known as Il Padovanino).

Cordovado

Places of interest

  • The Sanctuary of the Madonna delle Grazie (Our Lady of Graces) was built in 1592 at the behest of Monsignor Matteo Sanudi, the Marquis of Cordovado. He did so following a request from a woman who witnessed a miracle: the appearance of the Virgin Mary. The story of the graces and the miracles has spread beyond the borders of the Veneto region and dozens of pilgrims travel here from as far away as Austria. On the high altar, there’s a picture of the Virgin Mary by Andrea Bortolotti (also known as Brunello).

Fossalta di Portogruaro

  • Fossalta di Portogruaro has an Ethnographic Museum that was opened in 1990.
  • The Ippolito Nievo Museum was first opened in 1984. It contains the majority of the memoirs of the highly rated journalist and author, who wrote the novel “Confessions of an Italian”.
  • The church of San Zenone was founded in around the year 1000 and demolished in 1893. The new church was designed in 1892.

Latisana

Places of interest

  • Thought to date back to the late Romanesque period, the Cathedral of San Giovanni Battista is the oldest church in Latisana. The first known record of it is from 1368. In the 18th century, it underwent significant renovation in the Baroque style.

Pramaggiore

Punti di interesse

  • Qui potrai visitare il Museo della Civiltà Contadina in località Belfiore. Attraverso i materiali e gli oggetti conservati è possibile ricostruire la storia agricola-economica del territorio.

San Stino di Livenza

Places of interest

  • In Corbolone, you can visit the Church of San Marco Evangelista. Between two black columns on the altar is a “Pietà” that was produced in 1585 by Benedetto Stefani from Verona. On the high altar is the famous painting known as “Titian’s Altarpiece”, which shows Saint Mark sitting between Saint Sebastian and Saint Roch. The chapel of the Annunciata was frescoed by Giovanni Antonio de’ Sacchis (better known as Pordenone).

Sesto al Reghena

Places of interest

  • The Abbey of Santa Maria was founded in 730-735 and fortified in the 10th century. A frescoed Lion of Saint Mark dating back to the late 15th century stands out on the façade. Below it is a bas-relief featuring Cardinal Grimani’s coat of arms.
  • In the storied village of Ramuscello Vecchio, you can visit the 18th century Villa Freschi and the old church of Santa Anastasia.

Annone Veneto

The parish church of San Vitale in Annone Veneto originally dates back to the 15th century. It was rebuilt in the 17th century and renovated in 1946. An octagonal cusp topped by a pinnacle was added during renovation work in 1763. The bell tower is from the 16th century. It is thought to have been built on the former site of a military camp tower.