Museen und Hinterland
Das Hinterland von Bibione bietet eine enorme Vielfalt von Natur und Kultur, die sich zu einem harmonischen Ganzen verbinden und einen Urlaub bieten, der keine Wünsche offen lässt.
Dreh- und Angelpunkt sind aber meist der Strand und das Meer. Die Synergie zwischen Küste und Hinterland bietet den Besuchern neue Erlebnisse und Möglichkeiten. Was finden Sie hier in dieser Gegend? Kleine historische Ortschaften, Museen, Ausgrabungsstätten, Natur, einen Verbund aus landwirtschaftlichen Betrieben, bei denen Sie die typischen Erzeugnisse dieser Gebiete probieren können.
Was diese Gegend aber noch mehr aufwertet, ist die Entscheidung für eine sanfte Nutzung. Dadurch werden die Stadt und ihre Umgebung nicht als getrennt, sondern vielmehr als ein Ganzes empfunden.
The countless manor houses in the area, inspired by or originating with the Venetians, are extremely well built and prestigious.
The most important:
include Villa Rubin, built in the 18th century by the Papadopoli, with a square Venetian plan over three floors;
Villa Migotto, featuring elegant stone cornices;/p>
Villa Murador, with an elegant balcony on which there are two mono spheres separated by a little column and a central salon illuminated by double lancet windows with semi-circular arches and exposed stone balconies;
Villa Migotto, where all the windows of the piano nobile have archivolts and the cornice of the eaves has a modilion;
Villa Gubitta, which dates back to the 16th-17th centuries;
Villa Correr Agazzi, which has recently been restored and is suitable for hosting all kinds of events;
Villa Piva, set in the centre of a large agricultural estate.
Inside the museum is a grinding room, work tools and various objects used for a range of activities. It reconstructs the economic and agricultural history of the local area.
Inside is a marble baptismal font made by Giovanni Antonio Pilacorte in 1486 and an altarpiece of the crucifixion by Gregorio Lazzarini. The latter is a fine painting that effectively renders the dramatic tension of the event.
It was powered by a water mill and was run by a "maestro cartaro", who took care of all the technical, productive and organizational aspects. For a while, the building worked as both a mill and a paper mill.
From the first half of the eighteenth century, work at the paper mill gradually began to decline. It remained active until the beginning of the 20th century when, based on a project by Vittorio Biaggini, a hydroelectric power station was built to provide light to the entire town of San Michele al Tagliamento.
The building has recently been renovated with a project financed by the LAG and the Municipal Administration to be turned into a museum of rural civilization.
Cycle path -> GiraTagliamento
Centralmente si trova un monumento marmoreo a forma di croce "patente" con la scritta "Im Tode Vereint" (affratellati nella morte) circondato da due piccoli cipressi, inaugurato nel 1984 quando il piccolo ossario fu restaurato, con la collaborazione della Croce Nera d'Austria, un'associazione austriaca fondata nel 1919 che collabora con il Ministero della Difesa austriaco avente lo scopo di commemorare i militari caduti nei conflitti mondiali ed a lato, esternamente al perimetro, un cippo a forma di tronco di cono con iscrizioni in italiano e tedesco.
Inside is a statue of the virgin by the artist Valentino Besarel. The dedication of the church recalls the proclamation of the dogma of the immaculate conception by Pope Pius IX, on 8th December 1854.
Currently housed in the Civic Library in Concordia Sagittaria, inside there are archaeological finds from the Roman times and early Christian era.
The later cathedral was submerged when the River Lemene broke its banks in the mid-6th century. Other cathedrals were built in the 11th and 14th centuries.
The present construction dates back to 1466, and was commissioned by Bishop Antonio Feletto. It was completed in the 19th century, with the building of the choir stalls. At the beginning of the 20th century, during the bishopric of monsignor Francesco Isola, the present facade was built and the Martyrs’ Chapel was added, with the crypt in which their reliquaries are preserved.
The exterior of the church has a walled facade in exposed brick. In the centre of the Romanesque façade is the portal, surmounted by a circular rose window. Each of the two lateral naves has a single lancet window. On the right hand side of the church is a 12th century bell tower, 28 metres high, with two tiers of mullioned windows on each facade, and the baptistery with the layout of a Greek cross and a small cupola.
The exterior of the Gothic-style apse is decorated with another four mullioned windows. The interior of the cathedral is in the form of a Latin cross, with three naves separated by two lines of rounded arches resting on quadrangular pillars with semi-columns. In the Martyrs’ Chapel, enlarged at the beginning of the 20th century by the future cardinal Celso Benigno Luigi Costantini, is an altarpiece by Alessandro Varotari, known as “il Padovanino”.
famous artists like De Pisis, Carena, Guttuso, Saetti, Guidi, Afro, Vedova and Springolo.
The Sanctuary was completed in 1602 and consecrated on the first of May the following year. The fame of the graces and miracles spread beyond Veneto, as far as Austria, from which dozens of the faithful came on pilgrimage.
The main altar has an image of the Virgin Mary by Andrea Bortolotti, known as “il Brunello”.
The facade is dominated by a fresco representing the lion of St. Mark, dating back to the late 15th century. Below it is a bas-relief with the crest of cardinal Grimani , to the left is a fresco where the Grimani crest is repeated and to the right there is a fresco of a crest with a cross, whose ownership is unknown.
Beyond the entry tower you access a large courtyard that has recently been paved, onto which all the main buildings of the abbey complex look. There is also a brick bell tower here.
Booking: within 1:00 pm on the previous Wednesday, at:
- Tourist Information Office (Bibione Via Maja 84 – 0431 444846 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tourism Office of the Town Hall (S. Michele al T. Piazza della Libertà 2 – 0431 516130/133 – email@example.com)
The church has a rectangular form with an apse and on the left side is the Chapel of the Annunciation. The facade is embellished by a rose window and on the sides there are two blind arches whose cornices are extended to the floor. The church contains an altar above which there are two black columns with a “Pietà”, created in 1585 by Benedetto Stefani from Verona.
On the main altar is the famous “Titian altarpiece”, showing St. Mark enthroned between St. Sebastian and St. Roch. The frescoes in the Chapel of the Annunciation are by G. Antonio de Sacchis, known as “il Pordenone”.