The Church of St. Mark the Evangelist
Via Riviera Corbolone, 30029 Santo Stino di Livenza, Italia ( 43.0 Km od centrum) - pokaż mapę
OpisThe Church of St. Mark the Evangelist is situated in Corbolone, a hamlet of San Stino di Livenza. It is a fine treasure trove of precious works of art. The first stone was laid on 29th May 1514 and included the ancient Chapel of the Annunciation, built by the confraternity of the same name in 1459.
The church has a rectangular form with an apse and on the left side is the Chapel of the Annunciation. The facade is embellished by a rose window and on the sides there are two blind arches whose cornices are extended to the floor. The church contains an altar above which there are two black columns with a “Pietà”, created in 1585 by Benedetto Stefani from Verona.
On the main altar is the famous “Titian altarpiece”, showing St. Mark enthroned between St. Sebastian and St. Roch. The frescoes in the Chapel of the Annunciation are by G. Antonio de Sacchis, known as “il Pordenone”.