Musei e territorio
L’entroterra di Bibione è costituito da un insieme di realtà collegate fra loro che consentono di vivere un’esperienza di vacanza completa, in cui spiaggia e mare sono i primi di una lunga serie di interessi.
Costa ed entroterra si muovono in sinergia per offrire ai visitatori nuove esperienze ed opportunità. Cosa troverai in questo territorio? Piccoli centri storici, musei, siti archeologici, ambienti naturali, un sistema di imprese agricole in cui potrai degustare i prodotti tipici di queste zone.
Ciò che ancor più valorizza il territorio è la scelta della fruizione lenta, è così che la città e suoi dintorni non vengono percepiti come separati ma piuttosto come un unicum.
It was powered by a water mill and was run by a "maestro cartaro", who took care of all the technical, productive and organizational aspects. For a while, the building worked as both a mill and a paper mill.
From the first half of the eighteenth century, work at the paper mill gradually began to decline. It remained active until the beginning of the 20th century when, based on a project by Vittorio Biaggini, a hydroelectric power station was built to provide light to the entire town of San Michele al Tagliamento.
The building has recently been renovated with a project financed by the LAG and the Municipal Administration to be turned into a museum of rural civilization.
Cycle path -> GiraTagliamento
The later cathedral was submerged when the River Lemene broke its banks in the mid-6th century. Other cathedrals were built in the 11th and 14th centuries.
The present construction dates back to 1466, and was commissioned by Bishop Antonio Feletto. It was completed in the 19th century, with the building of the choir stalls. At the beginning of the 20th century, during the bishopric of monsignor Francesco Isola, the present facade was built and the Martyrs’ Chapel was added, with the crypt in which their reliquaries are preserved.
The exterior of the church has a walled facade in exposed brick. In the centre of the Romanesque façade is the portal, surmounted by a circular rose window. Each of the two lateral naves has a single lancet window. On the right hand side of the church is a 12th century bell tower, 28 metres high, with two tiers of mullioned windows on each facade, and the baptistery with the layout of a Greek cross and a small cupola.
The exterior of the Gothic-style apse is decorated with another four mullioned windows. The interior of the cathedral is in the form of a Latin cross, with three naves separated by two lines of rounded arches resting on quadrangular pillars with semi-columns. In the Martyrs’ Chapel, enlarged at the beginning of the 20th century by the future cardinal Celso Benigno Luigi Costantini, is an altarpiece by Alessandro Varotari, known as “il Padovanino”.
Currently housed in the Civic Library in Concordia Sagittaria, inside there are archaeological finds from the Roman times and early Christian era.
The first walls were created in the 10th century, after the devastation caused by the Magyars. The facade is dominated by a fresco representing the lion of St. Mark, dating back to the late 15th century. Below it is a bas-relief with the crest of cardinal Grimani, to the left is a fresco where the Grimani crest is repeated and to the right there is a fresco of a crest with a cross, whose ownership is unknown.
Beyond the entry tower you access a large courtyard that has recently been paved, onto which all the main buildings of the abbey complex look. There is also a brick bell tower here.
The “domo de Fossalta” (Fossalta cathedral) was completed in 1896. There is still a great deal of work to finish and over the years the two large marble altars of the Holy Virgin of the Belt and of St. Biagio and the altar were placed in the lateral transepts.
The completion of the new main altar, also designed by Rupolo, completed the choir stalls and the upper part of the apse, right above the Lugugnana Canal, together with the construction of two lateral sacristies.
Work began in 1947 on land donated by Count Gaetano Marzotto, on the outskirts of the town of Portogruaro, along the Treviso-Portogruaro state highway. The foundations of the church and the convent were laid on 13th September 1949 and excavation began two days later.
The sanctuary was consecrated by Bishop Vittorio De Zanche on 13th May 1954. Since 1999, the convent adjacent to the sanctuary has been the home of the Centre for Evangelisation of the Capuchins of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia.
The countless manor houses in the area, inspired by or originating with the Venetians, are extremely well built and prestigious.
The most important:
include Villa Rubin, built in the 18th century by the Papadopoli, with a square Venetian plan over three floors;
Villa Migotto, featuring elegant stone cornices;/p>
Villa Murador, with an elegant balcony on which there are two mono spheres separated by a little column and a central salon illuminated by double lancet windows with semi-circular arches and exposed stone balconies;
Villa Migotto, where all the windows of the piano nobile have archivolts and the cornice of the eaves has a modilion;
Villa Gubitta, which dates back to the 16th-17th centuries;
Villa Correr Agazzi, which has recently been restored and is suitable for hosting all kinds of events;
Villa Piva, set in the centre of a large agricultural estate.