The typical Mills of St. Andrew (named after the town district in which they are located) are part of Portogruaro’s ancient heritage, which are highlighted by the setting of the historic centre. They were cited in a papal bull of 1186 as “Portum de Gruario cum molendinis”. They were initially used for milling and today have been converted into an art gallery.
They host exhibition openings and prestigious cultural evenings.