This was built in 1592 at the behest of monsignor Matteo Sanudi, Marquis of Cordovado, who accepted the request of a woman (and of the local community) who was the protagonist of an extraordinary and miraculous event: the apparition of the Virgin Mary who requested that a church be built and dedicated to her.
The Sanctuary was completed in 1602 and consecrated on the first of May the following year. The fame of the graces and miracles spread beyond Veneto, as far as Austria, from which dozens of the faithful came on pilgrimage.
The main altar has an image of the Virgin Mary by Andrea Bortolotti, known as “il Brunello”.