Museums and the local area
In the interconnected sites inland from Bibione, there are numerous activities for tourists to enjoy as part of an all-embracing holiday experience in which the beach and the sea are just the first of a long series of attractions.
The coastal and inland areas complement each other and offer visitors an endless array of original opportunities. What will you find in the surrounding area? Historic towns and villages, museums, archaeological sites, natural environments, and a host of farms where you can sample traditional local products.
Exploring the area at a leisurely pace really brings out the best of its many delights and helps you to see that the town and its surroundings are not separate entities but intertwined parts of a coalesced whole.
It is a repository of the trades, uses and customs of local people in the first half of the 20th century, including the main artisan activities in the area, like that of the stonemason, blacksmith, shoemaker and tailor, etc. There are also external spaces divided into a portico, farmyard, sottoportico and cellar.
There are extremely valuable reconstructions of farming environments of the era, together with special features like the lighting, recreated using original materials, old dishes, bracket lights, woven electric wires and porcelain insulators etc.
The cathedral, with its three naves, is 55.07 metres long, 20.38 metres wide at the transept, 23.4 metres high at the central cupola and 19 metres high at the ceiling. In 1925 it was decorated by Tiburzio Donadon from Pordenone. It contains various fine works of art, including the “Holy Conversation” and the “Stories of St. Andrew” by Pomponio Amalteo, and the “St. Roch, and the “Resurrection Altarpiece” by Jacopo Negretti.
The “St. Thomas Altarpiece” by Cima da Conegliano, which was originally housed in the cathedral, was sold at a time when money was short for 1800 pounds to the British Museum. The bell tower, which is currently 59 metres high was originally 47 metres. The facade was renovated in 1879, together with the pinnacle.
Inside is a statue of the virgin by the artist Valentino Besarel. The dedication of the church recalls the proclamation of the dogma of the immaculate conception by Pope Pius IX, on 8th December 1854.
Inside is a marble baptismal font made by Giovanni Antonio Pilacorte in 1486 and an altarpiece of the crucifixion by Gregorio Lazzarini. The latter is a fine painting that effectively renders the dramatic tension of the event.
This appointed the Podestà (a rare privilege for a Municipality, granted by Bishop Tisone da Camino). In 1371 the Palace caught fire and between 1372 and 1380 a new loggia was built with Ghibelline battlements.
The two lateral wings were built in the 16th century. In 1848 the building was partly decorated in “questionable Gothic style” and in 1887 the prison was moved to the ground floor of its new headquarters in via Seminario.
The facade is dominated by a fresco representing the lion of St. Mark, dating back to the late 15th century. Below it is a bas-relief with the crest of cardinal Grimani , to the left is a fresco where the Grimani crest is repeated and to the right there is a fresco of a crest with a cross, whose ownership is unknown.
Beyond the entry tower you access a large courtyard that has recently been paved, onto which all the main buildings of the abbey complex look. There is also a brick bell tower here.
It was powered by a water mill and was run by a "maestro cartaro", who took care of all the technical, productive and organizational aspects. For a while, the building worked as both a mill and a paper mill.
From the first half of the eighteenth century, work at the paper mill gradually began to decline. It remained active until the beginning of the 20th century when, based on a project by Vittorio Biaggini, a hydroelectric power station was built to provide light to the entire town of San Michele al Tagliamento.
The building has recently been renovated with a project financed by the LAG and the Municipal Administration to be turned into a museum of rural civilization.
Cycle path -> GiraTagliamento
Tohle je stránka je urcena vám, kdo hledáte informace o náboženských obradech v italštine, nemcine polštine nebo slovenštine.
- Farnost: S. Maria Assunta (Via Antares, 18)
Farár: Vena don Andrea
Telefon: +39 0431 43178
Fax: +39 0431 43178
Letní obrady: všední dny: v 8.00, v 19.00 hod / sobota: v 19.00 hod. / nedele v 7.30, 09.00, v 11.30, v 21.00 hod (Červenec a srpen).
Deutsche Messe Sonntag: 10.15 Uhr.
Sv. Omsa v Slovenskom Jazyku Sobota: Hodina 20.15 Kostol.
Msza Sw. Po Polsku: Niedziela, godz 20.00.
- Chiesa di Santo Stefano (Via delle Colonie 3/A)
- Cappella Maria Regina della Pace (Centro Pastorale "Pasotto") (Via Capricorno ovest 18/A, Lido dei Pini)
- Cappella San Pietro (Via Puccini, 30020, Lido del Sole)
- Kaple Sant'Antonio Via degli Asfodeli, Bibione Pineda
Bližší informace o porádání mší svatých a o mších v cizím jazyce najdete na webových stránkách : www.parrocchia-bibione.org
famous artists like De Pisis, Carena, Guttuso, Saetti, Guidi, Afro, Vedova and Springolo.
Inside the church of St. John the Baptist are “The Adoration of the Magi” and “The Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian and Saint Anthony Abbot”, both by Gian Francesco del Zotto, known as da Tolmezzo; the “Madonna del Latte” by a pupil of the Pordenone, Calderari, and “Stories of the Baptist” by Cristoforo Diana.
On the main altar is a particularly fine “Virgin and Child with Saints John the Baptist and Mark”, by Alessandro Varotari, known as il Padovanino.
It has a quadrilateral central body and has the three apses on three sides. The facade is in Neo-Classical style and it is covered by a large centre cupola with three semi-cupola covering the three apses. The Gaspari Temple has been declared a building of special interest by a Ministerial Decree.
The countless manor houses in the area, inspired by or originating with the Venetians, are extremely well built and prestigious.
The most important:
include Villa Rubin, built in the 18th century by the Papadopoli, with a square Venetian plan over three floors;
Villa Migotto, featuring elegant stone cornices;/p>
Villa Murador, with an elegant balcony on which there are two mono spheres separated by a little column and a central salon illuminated by double lancet windows with semi-circular arches and exposed stone balconies;
Villa Migotto, where all the windows of the piano nobile have archivolts and the cornice of the eaves has a modilion;
Villa Gubitta, which dates back to the 16th-17th centuries;
Villa Correr Agazzi, which has recently been restored and is suitable for hosting all kinds of events;
Villa Piva, set in the centre of a large agricultural estate.