Cart
Cart

Places of interest

Map view

Filter by

Found 81 results
Map view
List
List
Grid
This was the first sanctuary built in Italy in honour of the Holy Virgin, known as the “Madonna of Fatima”.
Work began in 1947 on land donated by Count Gaetano Marzotto, on the outskirts of the town of Portogruaro, along the Treviso-Portogruaro state highway. The foundations of the church and the convent were laid on 13th September 1949 and excavation began two days later.
The sanctuary was consecrated by Bishop Vittorio De Zanche on 13th May 1954. Since 1999, the convent adjacent to the sanctuary has been the home of the Centre for Evangelisation of the Capuchins of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia.







Details
It is the bike path parallel to the beach, safe for children, and accessible to everybody, which crosses the entire Bibione coast from east to west.

To divide the cycle path from the pedestrian one there are flowers and shrubs, so from spring to summer, different blooms color the flowerbeds,
and their scent is mixed with the air rich in sea salt.

The sections of pedestrian crossing to access the beach are numerous and well-marked, and there are accesses with slides, some with a high slope.

At the same time, there is a pedestrian pathway where manual wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs and electric scooters can pass.
Details
This is without doubt the oldest church in Latisana. It was first mentioned in 1368. In the 18th century the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist underwent radical renovation, with the addition of Baroque elements to the facade. A few relics remain of the ancient church, probably in late-Romanesque style, including the whole frame of a rose window and its central keystone. The rose window elements are now displayed on the northern side of the church.
Details
The Museum was founded in 1885 and named the National Museum of Concordia to underline its close relationship with the nearby archaeological area of Concordia Sagittaria. It was headed by Dario Bertolini, who first organised the archaeological material in the building. Most of the materials are relics discovered between 1873 and 1882 in the vast archaeological area of Concordia Sagittaria; above all the burial site from the late Roman Age.

Details
Portogruaro This is housed in the Villa Comunale, a lovely 16th century building by Bergamasco. It was opened in 1976 as the “Michele Gortani” museum with 10 display cases. Today there are 25 cases housing around 1500 fossils. They range from the lower Palaeolithic era to the appearance of man. Most come from Veneto, Fruili and Carnia. 


Details
 Portogruaro town hall was erected in two different periods. The central part was built in 1265. Initially it reunited the original and free citizens of Portogruaro in a general assembly and later became the headquarters for meetings of the Maggio Consiglio, (The May Council) with 15 aristocratic members of 25 years of age or more.
This appointed the Podestà (a rare privilege for a Municipality, granted by Bishop Tisone da Camino). In 1371 the Palace caught fire and between 1372 and 1380 a new loggia was built with Ghibelline battlements.
The two lateral wings were built in the 16th century. In 1848 the building was partly decorated in “questionable Gothic style” and in 1887 the prison was moved to the ground floor of its new headquarters in via Seminario.


Details
The Gaspari Temple is a funerary temple that houses the remains of Gaspare Luigi Gaspari, his son, and wife Rosa de Egregis Gaspari. Designed by architect Andrea Scala from Udine, the temple is one of the best examples of Neo-Classicism in Friuli Venezia Giulia.
It has a quadrilateral central body and has the three apses on three sides. The facade is in Neo-Classical style and it is covered by a large centre cupola with three semi-cupola covering the three apses. The Gaspari Temple has been declared a building of special interest by a Ministerial Decree.

Details
The first surrounding wall of the abbey was built in the 10th century, after the devastation caused by the Magyars.
The facade is dominated by a fresco representing the lion of St. Mark, dating back to the late 15th century. Below it is a bas-relief with the crest of cardinal Grimani , to the left is a fresco where the Grimani crest is repeated and to the right there is a fresco of a crest with a cross, whose ownership is unknown.
Beyond the entry tower you access a large courtyard that has recently been paved, onto which all the main buildings of the abbey complex look. There is also a brick bell tower here.




Details
This is housed in the St. Agnes’ Tower in the historic centre of Portogruaro. The Town Museum, opened in 1999, reconstructs the story of the town from the 12th century to the 20th century, highlighting and exploring the various aspects of public, private, civic and religious life in the town through the relics contained there. It contains many stone crests of noble families from Portogruaro, statues, libation dishes, inscriptions and ceramics. There are also fine 19th and 20th century prints, including a portrait of Quintino Sella as a member of the Accademia dei Lincei in 1877. 

Details
The parish church of St. Vitale dates back to the 15th century, but it was rebuilt in the 17th century and restored in 1946.
During restoration in 1763 an octagonal pinnacle surmounted by another pinnacle was added. Inside there is a monumental main altar, an architrave structure with a coffered ceiling, tympanum and lateral niches, the work of the stonemason Rinaldo from Portogruaro. The antependium has a bas-relief of Christ and two angels in symmetrical movement.
The altar originally contained an altarpiece of St. Vitale, now probably substituted with a copy. The bell tower is from the 16th century, and was probably built on a previous military tower.
Details
 This is built on the remains of a Roman castrum. The bishops of Concordia governed it through a guastaldo, under the responsibility of the Ridolfi family, who lived there permanently, guarded it and defended it. Towards the middle of the 16th century it became the property of the counts of Attimis, then in the 18th century it passed to the family of the counts Freschi di Cucanea. 

Details
Inaugurated in 1984, the museum houses a large part of the memorabilia of Ippolito Nievo, one of Italy’s most popular writers and the author of the novel “Confessions of an Italian”.
It contains around one hundred items, including a trunk and clothes belonging to the writer. The collection was initially made possible thanks to materials from the Castle of Colloredo of Montalbano, where it was originally housed. The castle was forced to remove these items due to the major earthquake that hit Friuli in 1976.
In the display cabinets of the “Ippolito Nievo” Museum in Fossalta di Portogruaro – housed in the Town Arts Centre – are all the editions of the aforementioned masterpiece and an original copy of the newspaper “Il Caffè”, signed by Nievo..




Details
The internal cycle path is ideal for discovering the pulsating life of the city in every moment of the day, the many commercial activities, bars, restaurants, and the greenery of Bosco Baseleghe.

At the same time, there are pedestrian paths where they can pass: manual wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs, and electric scooters.
Details
The latest discovery dates back to 2013. Two Roman sarcophagi were found outside what were once the ancient town walls. The monument, which is today temporarily housed under the Municipal Loggia, dates back to the late 2nd century A.D. It is made up of a podium in blocks of Calcare di Aurisina, originally with three levels.
The whole construction reached a height of 1.3 metres and had a perimeter base of 6.5 x 1.7 metres. At the top of the podium, as it was originally, the fragments of the two main sarcophagi in decorated preconnesio marble have been placed.
They were approximately 1.7 high and over 2 metres long and were demolished in ancient times.


Details