Das Hinterland von Bibione bietet eine enorme Vielfalt von Natur und Kultur, die sich zu einem harmonischen Ganzen verbinden und einen Urlaub bieten, der keine Wünsche offen lässt.
Dreh- und Angelpunkt sind aber meist der Strand und das Meer. Die Synergie zwischen Küste und Hinterland bietet den Besuchern neue Erlebnisse und Möglichkeiten. Was finden Sie hier in dieser Gegend? Kleine historische Ortschaften, Museen, Ausgrabungsstätten, Natur, einen Verbund aus landwirtschaftlichen Betrieben, bei denen Sie die typischen Erzeugnisse dieser Gebiete probieren können.
Was diese Gegend aber noch mehr aufwertet, ist die Entscheidung für eine sanfte Nutzung. Dadurch werden die Stadt und ihre Umgebung nicht als getrennt, sondern vielmehr als ein Ganzes empfunden.
This was designed by the architect Balestra and was the property of the Mocenigo family until the eve of the First World War, then passing into the hands of the Mayer family from Trieste, to the Sinigallia and the Gandolfi. To the left of the entrance is a tall rice stack, powered by a wheel placed on an artificial canal, which is now no longer in use. Today the building is the property of the ATER, which has carried out extensive restoration and has transformed it into a private residence.
The countless manor houses in the area, inspired by or originating with the Venetians, are extremely well built and prestigious.
The most important:
include Villa Rubin, built in the 18th century by the Papadopoli, with a square Venetian plan over three floors;
Villa Migotto, featuring elegant stone cornices;/p>
Villa Murador, with an elegant balcony on which there are two mono spheres separated by a little column and a central salon illuminated by double lancet windows with semi-circular arches and exposed stone balconies;
Villa Migotto, where all the windows of the piano nobile have archivolts and the cornice of the eaves has a modilion;
Villa Gubitta, which dates back to the 16th-17th centuries;
Villa Correr Agazzi, which has recently been restored and is suitable for hosting all kinds of events;
Villa Piva, set in the centre of a large agricultural estate.
This was the first sanctuary built in Italy in honour of the Holy Virgin, known as the “Madonna of Fatima”.
Work began in 1947 on land donated by Count Gaetano Marzotto, on the outskirts of the town of Portogruaro, along the Treviso-Portogruaro state highway. The foundations of the church and the convent were laid on 13th September 1949 and excavation began two days later.
The sanctuary was consecrated by Bishop Vittorio De Zanche on 13th May 1954. Since 1999, the convent adjacent to the sanctuary has been the home of the Centre for Evangelisation of the Capuchins of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia.
This was built in the mid-12th century then restored from 1252-56. After 1281 it took the name of the St. Francis Gate, after the adjoining church of the same name. It was also restored in the mid-16th century when the podestà Giorgio Gradenigo had what is now via Martiri paved. Its current name, Porta San Gottardo, recalls another church, which was originally outside the gate, on the site of the present Care Home for the Elderly.
Questo ossario si trova all'interno del cimitero di San Michele al Tagliamento ed è composto da 10 file di tozze lapidi di cemento seminterrate, recanti un fregio cruciforme sulla parte superiore. Subito sotto, scritti su una piastrina metallica (posta nel 1984 a coprire l'incisione dell'epoca, ormai illeggibile) si possono scorgere il nome, il cognome di ognuno dei 483 soldati sepolti: ci sono cognomi tipicamente austro- tedeschi, altri di inconfondibile origine slava e balcanica, altri di provenienza italiana, oppure i lunghi e contorti cognomi ungheresi, e quelli di chiara origine latina dei rumeni; e la data di morte (in qualche caso anche quella di nascita: il soldato più anziano ivi sepolto risulta essere del 1863, il più giovane dell'anno 1900).
Centralmente si trova un monumento marmoreo a forma di croce "patente" con la scritta "Im Tode Vereint" (affratellati nella morte) circondato da due piccoli cipressi, inaugurato nel 1984 quando il piccolo ossario fu restaurato, con la collaborazione della Croce Nera d'Austria, un'associazione austriaca fondata nel 1919 che collabora con il Ministero della Difesa austriaco avente lo scopo di commemorare i militari caduti nei conflitti mondiali ed a lato, esternamente al perimetro, un cippo a forma di tronco di cono con iscrizioni in italiano e tedesco.
The landowners homes of Annone, including the famous Gianotto rural home, are decorated with frescoes inside the porticoes. The Gianotto rural home has frescoes dating back to the 16th century. There is also the important 17th century Villa Polvaro, located in Spadacenta.
The Civic Archaeological Museum is the witness of the ancient Roman colony.
Currently housed in the Civic Library in Concordia Sagittaria, inside there are archaeological finds from the Roman times and early Christian era.
The Zignago Industrial Group was founded in the ‘30s by Count Gaetano Marzotto, an entrepreneur who was head of the Valdagno (VI) textile group set up in the 19th century by his grandfather Luigi. Count Marzotto acquired an estate of over 1,000 hectares in the area of Villanova, a hamlet in the municipality of Fossalta di Portogruaro. Here the new agricultural centre gave an enormous impetus to the local Fossalta productive framework, managing companies according to the model of the social town of Valdagno, creating homes for workers, a nursery school, a hotel, a park, two tennis courts, a boules court, a skating rink, a Carabinieri barracks, a hospital and a textiles school. The Marzotto family are still the owners of Zignago Santa Margherita Industries today, including a glassworks, flax mill and wineries in Villanova.
Portogruaro town hall was erected in two different periods. The central part was built in 1265. Initially it reunited the original and free citizens of Portogruaro in a general assembly and later became the headquarters for meetings of the Maggio Consiglio, (The May Council) with 15 aristocratic members of 25 years of age or more.
This appointed the Podestà (a rare privilege for a Municipality, granted by Bishop Tisone da Camino). In 1371 the Palace caught fire and between 1372 and 1380 a new loggia was built with Ghibelline battlements.
The two lateral wings were built in the 16th century. In 1848 the building was partly decorated in “questionable Gothic style” and in 1887 the prison was moved to the ground floor of its new headquarters in via Seminario.
In the center of the square, the Monument to the Fallen of the First World War, in Botticino marble from Brescia, inaugurated in 1928 by the Crown Prince Umberto di Savoia.
To the right of the town hall we find the crane well, one of the symbols of the city, sculpted by Giovanni Antonio Pilacorte, a Lombard stonecutter, in 1494. The bronze cranes are the work of the local sculptor Valentino Turchetto, who made them in 1928, replacing those removed by the Austro-Hungarians in 1918.
Portogruaro This is housed in the Villa Comunale, a lovely 16th century building by Bergamasco. It was opened in 1976 as the “Michele Gortani” museum with 10 display cases. Today there are 25 cases housing around 1500 fossils. They range from the lower Palaeolithic era to the appearance of man. Most come from Veneto, Fruili and Carnia.
The ancient church of Fossalta, founded around the year 1000, was demolished in 1893. The new church was designed in 1892 by engineer Federico Berchet, followed by architect Domenico Rupolo, who completed the work.
The “domo de Fossalta” (Fossalta cathedral) was completed in 1896. There is still a great deal of work to finish and over the years the two large marble altars of the Holy Virgin of the Belt and of St. Biagio and the altar were placed in the lateral transepts.
The completion of the new main altar, also designed by Rupolo, completed the choir stalls and the upper part of the apse, right above the Lugugnana Canal, together with the construction of two lateral sacristies.
This interesting museum is located in the Belfiore area, a hamlet of the Municipality of Pramaggiore. It is housed near Villa Dalla Pasqua, one of the most ancient buildings, with the special shape of a defensive-style closed courtyard.
Inside the museum is a grinding room, work tools and various objects used for a range of activities. It reconstructs the economic and agricultural history of the local area.
The building dates back to the 18th century, although one particular document attached to the baptism registry hints at a pre-existing church dedicated to the Blessed Virgin. It has an atmospheric facade embellished by an harbour and by two characteristic grooved oval windows.
Inside is a statue of the virgin by the artist Valentino Besarel. The dedication of the church recalls the proclamation of the dogma of the immaculate conception by Pope Pius IX, on 8th December 1854.
The latest discovery dates back to 2013. Two Roman sarcophagi were found outside what were once the ancient town walls. The monument, which is today temporarily housed under the Municipal Loggia, dates back to the late 2nd century A.D. It is made up of a podium in blocks of Calcare di Aurisina, originally with three levels.
The whole construction reached a height of 1.3 metres and had a perimeter base of 6.5 x 1.7 metres. At the top of the podium, as it was originally, the fragments of the two main sarcophagi in decorated preconnesio marble have been placed.
They were approximately 1.7 high and over 2 metres long and were demolished in ancient times.
It is possible to visit the Bunker, as part of the free guided tour in the historical-cultural itinerary "The wars of the 20th century"-> On Thursday from June to September at 5:00 pm. On Sunday from October to May at 10:30 am.
Booking: within 1:00 pm on the previous Wednesday, at:
- Tourist Information Office (Bibione Via Maja 84 – 0431 444846 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tourism Office of the Town Hall (S. Michele al T. Piazza della Libertà 2 – 0431 516130/133 – email@example.com)
This was built in 1592 at the behest of monsignor Matteo Sanudi, Marquis of Cordovado, who accepted the request of a woman (and of the local community) who was the protagonist of an extraordinary and miraculous event: the apparition of the Virgin Mary who requested that a church be built and dedicated to her.
The Sanctuary was completed in 1602 and consecrated on the first of May the following year. The fame of the graces and miracles spread beyond Veneto, as far as Austria, from which dozens of the faithful came on pilgrimage.
The main altar has an image of the Virgin Mary by Andrea Bortolotti, known as “il Brunello”.
Altan Venanzio Palace. Beautiful building of the XV century built on a pre-existing one of the XIV century and frescoed (there are still some traces) by Giulio Quaglio in the XVII century. lt has been hosting public offices since 1877. On its façade, two plaques commemorate Luigi Russolo (1885-1947), and Girolamo Venanzio (1791-1872).
The Museum was founded in 1885 and named the National Museum of Concordia to underline its close relationship with the nearby archaeological area of Concordia Sagittaria. It was headed by Dario Bertolini, who first organised the archaeological material in the building. Most of the materials are relics discovered between 1873 and 1882 in the vast archaeological area of Concordia Sagittaria; above all the burial site from the late Roman Age.
The Villanova Paper Mill, which gives the name to the town, was perhaps built by the will of the Barbarigo family, who took advantage of the ample presence of water in this area, transferring production from Venice which, although it had a very active publishing sector, suffered from the lack of 'running water'.
It was powered by a water mill and was run by a "maestro cartaro", who took care of all the technical, productive and organizational aspects. For a while, the building worked as both a mill and a paper mill.
From the first half of the eighteenth century, work at the paper mill gradually began to decline. It remained active until the beginning of the 20th century when, based on a project by Vittorio Biaggini, a hydroelectric power station was built to provide light to the entire town of San Michele al Tagliamento.
The building has recently been renovated with a project financed by the LAG and the Municipal Administration to be turned into a museum of rural civilization.
Cycle path -> GiraTagliamento
This ancient church of Concordia, recently requalified as a cathedral, was extensively renovated in the late 15th century. It originally had a single nave and two other naves were added in the 17th century. There are many wooden parts and furnishings inside.